How best to present yourself to get new work
Free workshop for creative freelance members
The date and time: May 17, 2013 10.30am to 4:30pm
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tutors: Sue Walker and Muriel McClymont
Effective interview and presentation skills - whether at a formal interview or a chance meeting where there might be work at the end of it – are essential. Some find the thought of self-presentation terrifying! Others find it easier. Whatever you feel, you can always do better.
This one-day workshop is designed to give practical advice and support to help you improve how you demonstrate your many skills and abilities to a potential employer, through both what you say and how you say it. It covers:
- How to prepare effectively
- How to get your message across
- How to respond to difficult questions or challenging scenarios
- How to match your skills to the opportunity
- How to positively use your voice and body language
- How to confidently present yourself and your experience
We offer lots of practice, advice and mock interviews/meetings (you define the situation that will be most helpful to you). You will receive constructive feedback, and get the chance to test-drive new responses to your dreaded questions or scenarios.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to present themselves effectively with the aim of making the most of every face-to-face opportunity to get more work.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- have gained a clearer understanding of how you come across in person and how to improve this
- have practiced and received constructive feedback on the effectiveness of your interview or presentation technique
- understand what you need to do to maximise the impact you make
- know how to prepare for an interview so that you feel informed, confident and as relaxed as possible
- be better prepared for challenging questions or scenarios – and know how you can use them to your advantage
- have an action plan for your next steps.
How to Apply
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by May 9. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful.
T: 07990 504 612