This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for FEU Training (including feutraining.org) and agrees to notify you of:
- The organisation collecting the information
- What personally identifiable and non-identifiable information is collected from you and how it is used.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- With whom the information may be shared
- Your rights.
1. The organisation collecting the information
FEU Training (the organisation) is a partnership between Equity, the Musicians’ Union, the National Union of Journalists and the Writers’ Guild of Great Britain. Its primary function is to provide members with the best possible free skills and career development service. To do this we collect and process the necessary data required to fulfil this service.
2. Information collection and use
FEU Training collects information from our users at several different points on- and offline (our members consent to supply us with this information).
We will collect and process data for legitimate reasons to manage the service that we provide you (e.g., course bookings). We are committed to protecting your privacy and only collect information about you that relates to the service we provide.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with all applicable data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), 2018.
FEU Training is the sole owner of the information provided. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to any third party in ways different from that disclosed in this statement.
We will not collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent or joined our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
The type of information that our members consent to provide us relates to skills and career development to help us provide the best possible service to our members and to fulfil Government funding regulatory purposes. This may include:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
- your union number
- equality and diversity information
- Other information that you voluntary provide.
Data collected may be used for:
- administrative purposes so that we can provide you with the skills development service, e.g., booking services
- providing you with information with your consent that we think that will interest you (e.g., free training courses you can apply for) by email, telephone and/or other electronic messaging services).
- collating anonymous usage statistics
- issuing a unique identifier (e.g. member login)
- assessing learner needs and monitoring learner participation so that we can continue to develop relevant learning opportunities and support and to establish compliance with regulatory and self-regulatory procedures.
- complying with any legal obligation.
3. Data security
FEU Training takes every precaution to protect personally identifiable information (PII) on- and offline. FEU Training shall:
- implement the security requirements and any other appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the user against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration and/or disclosure.
- ensure that only personnel who need the information to perform a specific task relating to the service we provide are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any personnel who have access to PII.
- ensure that all personnel required to access the PII:
- are informed of the confidential nature of the PII;
- are informed and understand: (1) the importance of maintaining the security of the PII; (2) their individual and the FEU’s responsibility with the processing of the PII; and (3) the need to limit the Processing of such PII for the purpose.
Booking and Security
We request information from the user on our booking forms via feutraining.org. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and email address). This information is used to process bookings. With any interaction with feutraining.org, the information is transmitted over the Internet using secure encryption software. Data is stored in a password protected database and member passwords are encrypted and cannot be read by anyone, including people contracted to administer FEU activities. All online data provided is stored in a password-protected database that can only be accessed for administration and processing purposes by the appropriate FEU personnel.
We inform you that we are storing cookies and by continuing to use our website you agree to allow us to set cookies on your computer.
You can turn off cookies if you wish. Please review your browser’s help documents for instructions on how to do this.
If you turn off cookies, you may still use our site but functionality will be affected i.e. you will not be able to login.
www.feutraining.org contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. Our privacy statement applies solely to FEU Training including feutraining.org.
As effective as our security measures are, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website so any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedure and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
4. Data sharing
- We may use third parties to store IP addresses to analyse trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information by us, but may be divulged to relevant authorities by your ISP in accordance with the law.
- We do not share your details or any aggregated demographic information with advertisers.
- We may share aggregated data with your union/the unions involved in the FEU Training partnership for statistical analysis and email marketing.
- We may share data with unionlearn/the Government (i.e., the funders) for regulatory, research and analytical purposes. These organisations also abide by applicable data protection laws.
5. Your rights
Right to access data
We will always aim to be as open as we can and allow people access to their personal data. Where we hold personal data, you can make a ‘subject access request’ to us and we will provide you with:
- A description of it
- An explanation of why we are holding it
- Information about who it could be disclosed to
- A copy of the information in intelligible form – unless an exception to the disclosure requirements is applicable.
If you wish to make a ‘subject access request’, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it clearly ‘data access request’. Unless you agree a different time, we will complete your ‘data access request’ within one month.
Right to be forgotten
If we hold personal data about you, but it is no longer necessary for the purposes that it was collected and cannot otherwise be justified, you have the right to request that we delete your data.
Right to restrict data
If we hold personal data about you and you believe it is inaccurate, you have the right to request us to restrict the data until it is verified.
Right to complain
You have the right to complain to the personal data regulator ICO.
Notification of changes
- At any point, if we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email.
- This policy was updated on 4th May, 2018.