Acting for Equality and Diversity
To start this course
If you are already registered on our website,
simply login here.
If you are not registered, you will need to do so first,
please register here.
You can browse all courses on offer and enrol for any course. Spend 10 hours working through a course or 10 minutes dipping in to refresh your memory or pick up some quick tips, it’s up to you.
Here you will learn about equality and diversity and why it is important for everyone to consider and support.
You’ll learn how the law protects individuals and groups, why equality and diversity are so important in the workplace and wider society and how your unions play a crucial role in achieving equality of opportunity for all. You will also find out how you can get more involved in the movement towards equality.
By the end of this course, you will have a better idea of:
- What equality means
- Protected characteristics under the Equality Act, 2010
- Types of discrimination
- Objective justification
- What you can do about discrimination
- What diversity means
- Why diversity is important
- Positive action to support diversity
- What unconscious bias means
- Union activity that facilitates equality and diversity
- How you can support equality and diversity.