Key sales techniques for creative freelances
Date and Time: January 30 2013, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Upper St Martin’s Lane
Tutor: Koullis Kyriacou
While many creative people are unsurprisingly inexperienced and often uncomfortable with ‘selling’ most realise that in such competitive industries, it’s an important area to understand and be pro-active in to help create as many opportunities as possible.
Whatever your aim – perhaps you’re trying to get your foot in the door with an agent, sell a novel, song, script, article or idea, this workshop will help you to:
- Define your USP (unique selling proposition)
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the environment you are working in
- Appreciate the difference between selling yourself and your product/service
- Look at the needs of the client
- Identify your own natural style of selling
- Prepare and practice the delivery of a pitch
- Be prepared to pitch at any time.
Who should attend?
Freelances working in the creative industries who wish to improve their sales pitch with the aim of obtaining new work.
No formal qualifications needed.
Expected Learning Outcomes
This workshop will help you to:
- Clarify what it is you have to sell
- Identify your natural style of selling
- Gain the necessary tools to prepare and deliver a sales pitch appropriate to the prospective client.
How to Apply
To attend this session, fill in the short application form by Jan 23. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful within a couple of days after the deadline.
WHO’S AN FEU TRAINING MEMBER?
Equity, the Musicians’ Union, the National Union of Journalists and the Writers’ Guild are working together in this instance under the banner of ‘The Federation of Entertainment Unions’. This enables us to maximize resources to deliver skills development opportunities common to our multi-union members.
Our aim is to help the career progress of our freelance members through the recession and beyond by providing a range of free and low cost blended-learning opportunities.
Tel: 07990 504 612