Free workshop for members
How to leave a good impression in the digital world
The date and time: June 6 2013 10.30am to 4.30pm
60-62 Clapham Road
Whether through digital media or face-to-face, networking is important to raise your profile and market your work successfully.
Tutor: David Thomas
This workshop falls into two parts:
1. Why networking works and why effective digital networking is so
2. How we fit networking into our daily work schedule.
Areas covered in the workshop include:
- Networking refresher - what it is and why it works
- Identifying what you’re selling and how it helps others
- Your key messages
- Understanding your digital footprint
- Social media for work - polishing your online profile
- LinkedIn - including groups and recommendations
- Google + circles
- Tools for managing multiple social networks (without wasting time)
- Your next steps
- Participants will devise a personal action plan with practical measures to improve their online and face-to-face networking.
Who should attend?
Freelances who wish to find better ways to network both digitally and face-to-face. No technical knowledge will be assumed. The aim is to help freelances understand how networking works and hone their message. It does not require participants to be online during the training.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how face-to-face and digital networking interact
- Draw up a plan for engaging with others face to face and on a range of social networks
- Understand how to use time-saving tools to maintain digital engagement
- Know where to get advice and help on the above.
Apply Online by May 27, 2013
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful by June 2.
T: 07975 913123