Free workshop for members
Using social media to support freelance work
The date and time: Oct 19th, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tutor: Nathalie McDermott
This workshop is for social media beginners who want to get a clearer idea on how to use it to help their freelance career – whether it’s to market and promote work or create beneficial two-way communication. With around 40 attendees, it is not a hands-on workshop and you will not be using a computer.
The workshop includes:
- Why social media is important to freelances as a communication tool
- The ways in which social media can be used to help freelances influence their audience, e.g., marketing and promotion
- Getting started – what to use and how?
- The basics of Twitter and Facebook (demonstration)
- Producing effective content
- Finding the right tone
- Developing a social media presence and useful following
- Managing your time
- Setting expectations.
Who should attend?
Any creative freelance who wants to learn how to use social media as an effective tool to support and advance their freelance career. If you’re a beginner or want to use social media more efficiently and effectively, this is the workshop for you.
No formal qualifications are necessary. However, participants will need a basic awareness of online communication. It would help if you set up a Twitter and Facebook account (if you don’t have one) and have a play before you come to the course.
A clearer understanding of how:
- social media can be used to support your work
- to use social media effectively for your chosen purposes
- to manage your social media time efficiently.
Apply Online by Oct 5 2012
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by Oct 5. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of Oct 5. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Oct 7.
T: 07990 504 612