Free workshop for members
Dates, locations and venues
Tutor: Louise Grainger
To build a successful freelance career in the long term, you need to put considerable effort into marketing yourself and your work.
You need to get yourself and what you do known, as well as present what you do in the best possible light. This course will help you do just that and includes:
- What is marketing?
- Brand versus product
- Identifying your market
- Identifying your competition (including research techniques such as SWOT [Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats] and other useful matrices)
- Key messages and unique selling points and how to communicate these
- Key marketing tools and activities
- Action plan.
Who should attend?
Freelances working in the creative industries who wish to improve their marketing skills.
No formal qualifications are required, just a desire to learn new ways of building your reputation and career success.
Expected learning outcomes
- A better understanding of marketing and why it is important
- Knowledge of key marketing tools, activities and skills, including how to promote yourself and your work
- A better understanding of how to identify, target and communicate with potential clients.
Apply Online by October 25 2012
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by Oct 25. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of Oct 25. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Oct 29.
T: 07990 504 612
Could you let me know the time of starting – and finishing? So I can book myself a cheap rail ticket!!!
Sorry we missed this off the original post. Times now added above.
sounds like a lifeline, looking forward to the one in Newcastle!