How to leave a good impression in the digital world
(MAKE IMPACT IV)
The Abbey Centre
34 Great Smith Street
The date and time: March 13 2012 10.00am to 4.30pm
Whether through digital media or face-to-face, networking is important to raise your profile and market your work successfully.
This workshop falls into two parts:
I. Why networking works and why effective digital networking is so important.
II. How we fit networking into our daily work schedule.
Areas covered in the workshop include:
- Networking refresher - what it is and why it works
- Identifying what you’re selling and how it helps others
- Your key messages
- Understanding your digital footprint
- Social media for work - polishing your online profile
- LinkedIn - including groups and recommendations
- Google + circles
- Tools for managing multiple social networks (without wasting time)
- Your next steps
- Participants will devise a personal action plan with practical measures to improve their online and face-to-face networking.
Tutor: David Thomas
Who should attend
Freelances who wish to find better ways to network both face-to-face and digitally. No technical knowledge will be assumed. The aim is to help people understand how networking works and hone their message. It does not require participants to be online during the training.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how face-to-face and digital networking interact
- Draw up a plan for engaging with others face to face and on a range of social networks
- Understand how to use time-saving tools to maintain digital engagement
- Know where to get advice and help on the above.
*Coffee and tea will be supplied free but you will need to arrange your own lunch.
HOW TO APPLY (by Feb 17)
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by Feb 17. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date. Successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of Feb 17. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Feb 22.