Free workshop for members
CVs/Résumés/Career Summaries - How to make an impact in writing
The date and time: Sept 14 2012 (London) & Sept 18 2012 (Manchester); 10.30am to 5.00pm
60-62 Clapham Road
WFA Media & Cultural Centre
9 Lucy Street, Old Trafford
The ability to produce a CV/Career Summary/Résumé in a way that makes you stand out from the crowd is a must. It should be clear, straightforward and deliver an immediate and accessible snapshot of why you are the ideal candidate. A general 'one size fits all' document just won’t do.
This workshop aims to give you the tools to assess each opportunity and how best to construct and tailor your CV to get yourself noticed. It includes:
- Initial review of each other’s CVs/career summaries
- Analysing the function and purpose of these key documents: what you want your CV/career summary to do for you?
- How that knowledge can help to produce a new document, tailored to specific clients and markets
- Specific fundamentals of effective CV/career summary writing
- Assessment/review of ‘mock’ CVs / career summaries
- Identifying key achievements and vital experiences that should be highlighted in your CV/career summary
- Re-designing your CV /career summary foundation document
- Next steps to re-working your CV/career summary.
The workshop includes a number of practical exercises in which you will get the chance to work individually and in pairs. You will need to bring a hard copy of you CV/Résumé/Career Summary.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to anyone who wants to improve the way they present themselves in writing with the aim of getting a specific interview or audition.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Have a clear idea of what an effective CV/career summary looks like
- Have made the first steps to update their own
- Have a greater understanding of how to create individual selling documents with maximum impact
- Know how to produce a selling document that will support them in trying to secure interviews and/or to open up other work opportunities.
Apply Online by Sept 3
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by Sept 3. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of Sept 3. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Sept 5.
Tutors: Sue Walker and Muriel McClymont
T: 07990 504 612
My name is Carl McCrystal, i recently registered with you via an Equity offer for your free workshops, Get Noticed and You’re Hired, taking place in London on 14th, 28th September. Could you let me know whether i have been placed on the workshops, so i can book time from my alternative employment.
I think that i have filled in the request form correctly, but i may have missed something.
Thank you for your patience.
As the workshops have been over-subscribed to date, successful applicants are chosen randomly after the cut-off date for application and are informed by email the day after the closing date.
So if you have applied and have not heard from us, you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
However, we are providing new workshops regularly so please keep checking back to see if there are any other workshops you’d like to attend.