Free workshop for members
Time: 10.30am to 4.30pm
Upper St Martin's Lane
Staying motivated can be challenging at the best of times. But when you are a creative freelance working in such competitive industries, especially when you've hit a rough patch, it's all too easy to plummet into a downward spiral.
This one-day workshop will help you get and stay motivated in the long term.
Lack of motivation leads to less work output which leads to other problems, like money worries and stress leading to even less motivation, less organisation, less confidence, panic, and so on.
While most people have been to the ‘dark side’ at one time or another, the good news is that there are ways to keep motivated and create positive spirals that will help you succeed and deal with problems. This course looks at some of the practical elements of doing just this. It includes:
- What is motivation and why do freelances especially need to keep motivated?
- Goal setting as a way to keep motivated
- Taking responsibility for your success
- Reviewing your priorities and what you want to achieve
- Setting high yet realistic challenges and deadlines
- Planning and organisation
- Finding resources (including peers and mentors) that can you keep motivated.
- Replacing negative thought patterns with positive ones
- Uncovering barriers to motivation and success
- Is the recession a reason to be de-motivated?
- Action plan to get and stay motivated.
Who should attend
Those freelances working in the creative industries who wish to raise their motivation levels and keep motivated in the long term.
(The day’s format is set out to be enjoyable, so you should also attend if you want some light relief in your schedule and reassurance that you’re not the only one who has ever felt de-motivated).
No formal qualifications are required, just a desire to learn new ways of adding to your career and every day life.
Expected learning outcomes
- An understanding of what motivates and de-motivates each individual and the impact it has on your career
- An overview of the methods of keeping motivated
- A clearer idea of which issues need to be addressed to stay motivated.
POLITE REQUEST: if you are successful in obtaining a place on this workshop and, due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to attend, please let us know asap because we have others on the waiting list who we can allocate your place to. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these workshops to all members including yourself.
NOTE: if we were to postpone or cancel this workshop due to unforeseen circumstances (this has happened only twice in five years due to tutor illness and a tube strike), we will be unable to reimburse any costs such as pre-booked travel expenses. If this were to happen in the future, we will email and telephone you as soon as we know that there is a cancellation and attempt to re-schedule the workshop asap.
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, please fill in the short application form below. You will need to login or register if you have not done so already so have your Union number to hand. All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful within a few days of this date.
t: 07580 348726