Free workshop for members
10am to 3.30pm
Band on the Wall
25 Swan Street
The Northern Quarter
Social media can be a powerful means of getting your message across and raise awareness of what you do. This one-day workshop will take you step-by-step through running a successful campaign.
If you are promoting your work or an event, fundraising for a project, or highlighting an important issue, social media provides a powerful means of getting your message across and can be especially useful for freelances who want to try new ways to raise awareness of their work and related issues on a limited budget.
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at those with experience of using social media but who feel they haven’t exploited its full potential.
Expected learning outcomes
The day will follow three simple steps:
- How to establish a foundation for social media engagement
- How to identify the right social media channel for the right message
- How to establish the objectives, branding and key messages for your campaign
- How to plan and schedule engaging content for your campaign
- How to manage your social media updates across Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms
- How to monitor activity and respond to community reaction
- How to be ready for any negative feedback
- How to maintain momentum beyond the official end of the campaign
- How to measure the results of your campaign using simple tools and metrics
Computers are not provided and are not a requisite as this workshop focuses on tutoring, discussion and group-based exercises. However, you are welcome to bring laptops, tablets or iphones if you wish to try out the methods discussed in realtime.
Tutor: Dan Mason
POLITE REQUEST: if you are successful in obtaining a place on this workshop and, due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to attend, please let us know asap because we have others on the waiting list who we can allocate your place to. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these workshops to all members including yourself.
NOTE: if we were to postpone or cancel this workshop due to unforeseen circumstances (this has happened only twice in five years due to tutor illness and a tube strike), we will be unable to reimburse any costs such as pre-booked travel expenses. If this were to happen in the future, we will email and telephone you as soon as we know that there is a cancellation and attempt to re-schedule the workshop asap.
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, please fill in the short application form below. You will need to login or register if you have not done so already so have your Union number to hand. All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful within a few days of this date.
Further enquiries e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 07580 348726