Free workshop for members
2 Sovereign Court
To maximise your website potential as an online marketing tool, it’s essential that you do everything possible to ensure that your audience can easily find and access it.
This one-day workshop quickly goes beyond the usual focus on search engines (though they are still covered) to understand the growing importance of social optimisation…creating stories and links that stand the best chance of being shared through social channels to build your online presence. It includes:
- Reviewing basic optimisation skills to ensure your words, images and videos stand the best chance of being found online
- Understanding how search engines work; the difference between on-page and off-page search engine optimisation
- Exploring the tricks and techniques used by growing websites and blogs for encouraging greater levels of engagement
- Understanding what kind of content does – and doesn’t – get promoted on Facebook’s newsfeed and on Twitter
- Exploring how to encourage sharing through the use of email
- Creating a schedule of shareable content for your own website or blog
- Understanding how to measure your success
Who should attend?
Only those freelances who have a website, are familiar with social media and are now looking to build their web presence and improve their ability to draw more traffic to their website.
Expected learning outcomes
- A greater knowledge of how to get found online
- A greater awareness of what content works to engage your audience
- An understanding of key online tools available to create shareable content
- A greater ability to build your online presence.
Computers are not provided and are not a requisite as this workshop focuses on tutoring, discussion and group-based exercises. However you are welcome to bring laptops, tablets or iPhones if you wish to try out the methods discussed in realtime.
Tutor: Dan Mason
POLITE REQUEST: if you are successful in obtaining a place on this workshop and, due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to attend, please let us know asap because we have others on the waiting list who we can allocate your place to. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these workshops to all members including yourself.
NOTE: if we were to postpone or cancel this workshop due to unforeseen circumstances (this has happened only twice in five years due to tutor illness and a tube strike), we will be unable to reimburse any costs such as pre-booked travel expenses. If this were to happen in the future, we will email and telephone you as soon as we know that there is a cancellation and attempt to re-schedule the workshop asap.
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, please fill in the short application form below. You will need to login or register if you have not done so already so have your Union number to hand. All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful within a few days after the deadline.
t: 07580 348726