Free workshop for members
To maximise your website potential as an online marketing tool, it’s essential that you do everything possible to ensure that your audience can easily find and access it.
This one-day workshop quickly goes beyond the usual focus on search engines (though they are still covered) to understand the growing importance of social optimisation…creating stories and links that stand the best chance of being shared through social channels to build your online presence. It includes:
- Reviewing basic optimisation skills to ensure your words, images and videos stand the best chance of being found online
- Understanding how search engines work; the difference between on-page and off-page search engine optimisation
- Exploring the tricks and techniques used by growing websites and blogs for encouraging greater levels of engagement
- Understanding what kind of content does – and doesn’t – get promoted on Facebook’s newsfeed and on Twitter
- Exploring how to encourage sharing through the use of email
- Creating a schedule of shareable content for your own website or blog
- Understanding how to measure your success
Who should attend?
Only those freelances who have a website, are familiar with social media and are now looking to build their web presence and improve their ability to draw more traffic to their website.
Expected learning outcomes
- A greater knowledge of how to get found online
- A greater awareness of what content works to engage your audience
- An understanding of key online tools available to create shareable content
- A greater ability to build your online presence.
Computers are not provided as this workshop focuses on tutoring-, discussion- and group-based exercises. However, you are welcome to bring laptops, tablets or iphones if you wish to try out the methods discussed in realtime.
All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of June 3. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Jun 4.
Tutor: Dan Mason
t: 07580 348726