Free workshop for members
National Union of Journalists
308-312 Gray's Inn Rd
When the going gets tough, the tough get going! But how do they keep going? This is the million-dollar question that we are going to consider at this short session.
Even though we know setbacks are a normal part of freelance life - through no fault of our own, we don't always get that role, gig or commission we desperately want; the best of plans can go awry and we sometimes don't get the rewards we think we deserve - it can sometimes be difficult to bounce back.
This session will give you some useful strategies and tips to help you deal with setbacks in more constructive and less destructive ways.
This workshop includes:
- Developing resilience
- Not taking rejection personally
- Strategies for handling setbacks
- Identifying the benefits of setbacks
- Learning to consider setbacks in a larger context
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to pick up ideas and strategies to deal with inevitable setbacks in the most constructive way.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- Have tools and ideas to help develop your resilience
- Recognise your role and choice in how you react to setbacks
- Understand how to take something positive from the ‘bad’ stuff
- Discover that you are not alone!
All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Jun 10.
Tutor: Muriel McClymont
t: 07580 348726