Free workshop for members
The date and time: July 25, 10.30am to 4.30pm
National Union of Journalists
308-312 Gray's Inn Road
You’re probably highly motivated when it comes to doing the core creative work that you love. However, you may be much less keen on the business side of freelancing, e.g., sourcing new clients and pitching ideas, which is vital in helping to create satisfying work opportunities and manage your working lives efficiently. This workshop will help you tap into and channel your creativity so that you can better tackle the essential tasks that you usually put off or avoid.
This workshop will help you improve your productivity and efficiency.
We will demonstrate how you can change the way you see some of your business tasks and embrace them as not just essential and necessary but as fun and motivating! This workshop includes how to:
- prioritise your work
- motivate yourself to do the bits you currently don’t like
- manage your time
- use your creative talent to improve your business skills
- understand and tap into your own motivation strategies.
This workshop will be a mix of tutor input and exercises to help you achieve the balance you would like.
Who should attend?
Freelances who want to improve how they approach and complete the business tasks that support their creative work.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- identify your own effective motivational strategies and know you can use these on your business activities
- know how to use your creativity to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the business side of your career
- re-define ‘difficult’ or ‘unappealing’ tasks so that they motivate and support you
- recognise how your creative talents and business skills are both essential, and support each other when more integrated.
Apply online by July 15
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date of July 15. We will let you know if your application has been successful within a couple of days from the application deadline.
NOTE: if we were to cancel this workshop due to unforeseen circumstances (this has happened only twice in over five years due to tutor illness and a tube strike), we will be unable to re-imberse any costs such as travel fares. If this were to happen in the future, we will email and telephone you as soon as we know that there is a cancellation and attempt to re-schedule the workshop asap.
Tutor: Muriel McClymont
t: 07580 348726