Free workshop for members
The date and time: Jul 25 2013, 11.30am to 5.30pm
The Crescent Theatre
Tutor: Koullis Kyriacou
While many creative people feel uncomfortable about approaching potential clients to sell/pitch their work, most realise that the ability to introduce themselves, grab their attention and present their ideas clearly are key to creating work opportunities. This workshop will help you to pitch yourself/your work so that what you say hits the right note with each client.
Whatever your aim – perhaps you’re trying to introduce yourself to an important potential client or drum up interest for a song, script, article or idea - this workshop will help you to:
- Define your USP (unique selling proposition/s) in relation to different clients
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the environment you are working in
- Appreciate the difference between selling yourself and your product/service
- Look at the needs of the client
- Identify your own natural style of selling
- Prepare and practice the delivery of a pitch
- Be prepared to pitch at any time.
Who should attend?
Freelances working in the creative industries who wish to improve their sales pitch with the aim of obtaining new work.
No formal qualifications needed.
This workshop will help you to:
- Clarify what it is you have to sell
- Identify your natural style of selling
- Gain the necessary tools to prepare and deliver a sales pitch appropriate to the prospective client.
Apply online by July 16th
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful within 48 hours of the deadline.
WHO’S AN FEU TRAINING MEMBER?
Equity, the Musicians’ Union, the National Union of Journalists and the Writers’ Guild are working together in this instance under the banner of ‘The Federation of Entertainment Unions’. This enables us to maximize resources to deliver skills development opportunities common to our multi-union members.
Our aim is to help the career progress of our freelance members through the recession and beyond by providing a range of free and low cost blended-learning opportunities.
t: 07580 348726