Free workshop for members
The date and time: Oct 4, 11.30-5.30
Bristol Old Vic
Managing your stress levels and getting organised are essential if you are to make the most of the freelance lifestyle. This workshop helps you recognise the typical signs of stress and stay in control.
This workshop will help you to spot the difference between ‘good stress’ and ‘bad stress’ with the aim of helping you to use stress positively while managing and controlling negative stress.
We’ll also look at tips and techniques to avoid the kind of stress traps that lie in wait for the unprepared freelance. Topics will include:
- What stress is
- Sign and symptoms (physical and emotional)
- The power of thought
- Getting organised
- Monitoring well-being
- Further resources.
Who should attend?
Freelances who want to have a better understanding of pitfalls and solutions to dealing with stress on a daily basis.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand how stress works and feel more comfortable discussing its effects
- identify early signs and symptoms, thereby aiding recovery
- develop strategies for monitoring stress and alleviating its effects
- become more organised to reduce stress
- know where to find further information and help.
Apply online by Sept 26
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by Sept 26. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Sept 27.
Tutor: David Thomas
t: 07580 348726