Helping you create and retain work
The date and time: July 11th, 10.30am to 4.30pm
Upper St Martin's Lane
This workshop aims to help you ensure that you are better equipped to get work and stay in work in the long term.
Working in the creative fields doing a variety of jobs and getting paid for it can be a truly exciting way to earn a living. Freelances by nature are go-getters, risk-takers, flexible and adaptable. Otherwise, we would all have settled for an office job!
But working successfully in this way means being able to manage and maximise the ‘cycle of freelancing’ - that continuous round of having to look for work, confirm work and keep an eye out for new work in the future. This course covers how to:
- effectively identify appropriate clients/markets
- maximise your marketing activities and fully promote your skills/experience
- stay on top of the business side of freelancing
- recognise what new skills you might need to acquire
- plan for the future.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to increase their chances of finding work and creating work continuity. No specific qualifications are required.
Expected Learning outcomes
You should expect to leave this workshop understanding how better to keep your freelance career on the move through:
- greater ability to identify clients
- better awareness-raising activities
- greater ability to manage your freelance business
- increased awareness of necessary skills development activities
- better planning.
Apply online by July 2nd
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful by July 4th.
Tutor: Sue Walker
t: 07580 348726