Free workshop for members
CVs/Résumés/Career Summaries - How to make an impact in writing
The date and time: Sept 12, 10.30am-4.30pm
60-62 Clapham Road
The ability to produce a CV/Career Summary/Résumé in a way that makes you stand out from the crowd is crucial. It should be clear, straightforward and deliver an immediate and accessible snapshot of why you are the ideal candidate. A general ‘one size fits all’ document just won’t do.
This workshop aims to give you the tools to assess each opportunity and how best to construct and tailor your CV/career summary/written introduction to get yourself noticed. It includes:
- Initial review of each other’s CVs/career summaries
- Analysing the function and purpose of these key documents: what you want this information to do for you?
- How that knowledge can help to produce a new document, tailored to specific clients and markets
- Specific fundamentals of effective CV/career summary writing
- Assessment/review of ‘mock’ CVs /career summaries
- Identifying key achievements and vital experiences that should be highlighted in your CV/career summary
- Re-designing your CV /career summary foundation document
- Next steps to re-working your CV/career summary.
The workshop includes a number of practical exercises in which you will get the chance to work individually and in pairs. You will need to bring a hard copy of you CV/career summary/written introduction.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to anyone who wants to improve the way they present themselves in writing with the aim of getting a specific interview or audition.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Have a clear idea of what an effective CV/career summary looks like
- Have made the first steps to update their own
- Have a greater understanding of how to create individual selling documents with maximum impact
- Know how to produce a 'selling' document that will support them in trying to secure interviews and/or to open up other work opportunities.
Apply online by Sept 2, 2013
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, fill in the short application form by Sept 2. You will need to register if you have not done so already.
All workshops have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful by Sept 4.
Tutors: Sue Walker and Muriel McClymont
t: 07580 348726