FEU Training Fixed-Term Contract
PROJECT WORKER, FEU TRAINING
FIXED-TERM / SELF-EMPLOYED / 8 DAYS PER MONTH / LONDON BASED (or easy access to London where the project is based)
FEU Training is seeking an experienced project worker - self-employed for eight days per month to work on an established skills development project.
The project aims to help freelance members from the project partner unions (Equity, the Musicians’ Union, the National Union of Journalists and the Writers’ Guild) to develop key business skills that help support their career development.
PROJECT WORKER ROLE:
The project worker will report to the FEU Training project manager and, as a key team member, will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Development of a blended learning programme focused on business skills tailored to freelance member needs including classroom-based and e-courses.
- Tutoring and facilitating business courses and workshops
- Development and facilitation of a wide array of verbal, written and digital communication including provision of information and advice; writing news stories, blogs and promotional material; using social media for various purposes and researching and writing case studies
- Developing and managing a range of website content
- Developing and facilitating networking sessions (face-to-face and via the web)
- Public speaking.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable project work experience
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills with the ability to work and communicate through traditional and new media for a range of purposes
- Tutor who works in one or more of the above entertainment industries (desirable)
- Experience in developing e-learning provision (desirable)
- Experience in developing business skills learning provision (desirable)
- Ability to work through new media (e.g., website content and management and social media).
- Highly organised and motivated self-starter with the ability to work to deadlines
- Positive attitude with willingness to work as part of the team on various tasks to get the job done.
*This role would suit a freelance who works in one of the entertainment industries mentioned. The work schedule has a degree of flexibility assuming that project needs are met. The capacity to work remotely and to travel around England and stay overnight on occasion is necessary.
Please email you covering letter and CV - to arrive no later than Jul 1st - to email@example.com. (Subject matter: job application). Please note that applications received after this date will not be considered. Interviews will be held on Jul 11th in London. Those interviewed will be asked to produce relevant evidence of work. The successful candidate will be asked for two references. Further enquiries, tel: 07914 397 243.
Title: Project Worker, FEU Training
Project title: Getting Down to Business through Recession and Beyond
Remuneration: £225 per day (8 days per month)
Fixed-term project duration: current-Mar 14