FEU TRAINING is currently developing a new training programme that will continue to help freelance members acquire the key business skills that help to gain and maintain work continuity.
Building on the success of recent years, the new project phase (Getting Down to Business through Recession and Beyond, 2012-14) is supported by funds from unionlearn (the learning arm of the Trade Union Congress).
The project has several objectives all focused on facilitating freelance skills development. These include:
- Addressing skills gaps by developing a blended-learning programme including classroom-based training and e-learning facilities
- Helping to overcome freelance barriers to learning including accessibility, affordability and relevancy.
- Continuing to develop our digital platforms to extend and embed an interactive and dynamic communications infrastructure that engages a growing and disparate freelance working community through disseminating a wide range of skills-related IAG and signposting
- Maximising multi-union collaboration to source and maximise additional resources to facilitate sustainability
- Continuing to develop mutually beneficial industry relationships to keep abreast of change and maximise intellectual capital and other resources.
Who’s in FEU Training
Equity, the Musicians’ Union, the National Union of Journalists and the Writers’ Guild of Great Britain will continue the successful partnership under the banner of the Federation of Entertainment Unions (FEU).
Look out this summer for the launch of FEU Training’s new course programme including further additions to the digital learning centre.