Free online workshop for members based in England
2nd March 2021
10:30 - 4:15pm
Both writing and then getting a book published can be incredibly challenging. However, thousands of people do so every year, so why not you? To help you, this workshop aims to give you a realistic idea of how to go about writing your first book, and how and where to sell it.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Sorry, you need to login or register to enrol.
Whatever the creative field, many of us have a great idea for a book. It might be non-fiction, based on expertise, skills and experience, or fiction – that novel that you’ve always wanted to write.
This one-day interactive workshop, which includes individual and group work, aims to help you turn that idea into reality and covers:
- Reviewing your idea - will it make a book?
- Your markets – know them and exploit them
- The writing plan – discipline and practice to get the book written
- Networks and networking – being part of a writing community
- Selling you the writer – who you are and what you offer
- Selling the idea – the synopsis
- Who’s buying? - agents, publishers, self-publishing and e-publishing.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has written, is writing, or wants to write a book and sell it (you should have at least a basic idea of the book in mind).
- A clearer idea of where to focus your book/book idea;
- A greater understanding of how to fit the writing around your lifestyle;
- Increased knowledge of how to present and prepare your book for market.
Tutor: Sue Walker
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07464 306 542