Free online workshop for members based in England
24th March 2021
10.30am - 3pm
This workshop will help you make snappy, animated promo videos that help grab attention and promote your creative work online.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Using simple techniques and free tools and apps, this workshop will show you how to combine animated text, stock images or video clips with music to create short promotional videos such as explainers, screencasts and podcast promos that get your message. It covers:
- Identifying the goals, target audience and tone of your promo video
- Deciding on the length of video and where it will appear
- Creating short testimonial, list, event and call-to-action videos
- Understanding the key script and visual elements for creating an explainer video
- Using a browser-based tool for creating screencasts
- Learning how to combine audio, image and animated waveform to create a podcast promo
* A PDF toolkit with tips, links and resources will be shared during the workshop.
Who should attend?
Creative freelances who are able to use and upload content to social media to at least a basic level. No previous video experience is required.
The training will take place online, using the Zoom platform, which you can download for free before the workshop.
You won’t spend all your time listening the tutor - the workshop will be as interactive as we can make it, combining learning with the networking that is always a valuable part of FEU Training workshops. It includes short exercises, as part of the learning process, which will also enable participants to work together.
What equipment do I need?
- A laptop or desktop computer with the Chrome browser installed (and without corporate firewall restrictions preventing website access and registration).
- A mobile device (iPhone, Android or iPad)
- A free account at canva.com (plus, if possible, the free app downloaded to your mobile device).
- A Gmail address (recommended) for registering with other online platforms during the day.
- You will be able to download and register with other platforms and apps demonstrated on the day.
Expected learning outcomes
By the end of the workshop, you will have a greater understanding of how to target and produce promotional videos for social media.
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07710 240 585