Free online workshop for members based in England
10th March 2021
10.30am - 4.30pm
Everybody tells you that you must have a website and you must have a blog but nobody tells you how – or why. In this workshop you will learn the key steps to creating your blog but, more importantly, what you can use one for and how it will become an important part of your creative work.
That’s true whether you’re a writer, journalist, musician or performer: you are already creating work that blogs can showcase and you will benefit from reaching audiences through a well constructed, targeted blog. This workshop will tell you how.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Sorry, you need to login or register to enrol.
Filled with practical advice and time-saving tips, this workshop covers:
- the choices you need to make before setting up your blog
- what exactly to blog about
- how to reach an audience that matters for all your creative work
- what to do with that audience – how to engage with them
- using your blog to make your website fresh
- creating new material and reasons to contact your clients.
Who should attend?
Those who have thought about writing a blog but are not sure how or really certain why it will help and those who have already started blogging but need help in making their blogs more focused and effective.
Expected learning outcomes
- a better understanding of what blogs can and cannot do for you
- knowledge of how to quickly create and regularly update blogs
- a better understanding of how to exploit your blog and build your audience
- specific computer knowledge about what tools will help you and how to use them.
Tutor: William Gallagher
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07710 240 585