Free online workshop for members based in England
Date and time: 29 Jun, 10.30am to 4.15pm
Where: Online via Zoom
This online workshop will show you how to get yourself work and promote your creative freelancing through clear, targeted written communication including writing compelling emails, press releases and new stories.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Packed with tips and practical exercises, this workshop will help you to use the creative skills that you already have to improve the way you communicate so that you can achieve better results as well as help you decide on what areas to spend your time and effort on. It includes:
- Writing emails that get a response
- Writing for Twitter and Facebook
- How to quickly respond to queries with standard but personalised answers
- How to write a blurb for websites such as Amazon or anywhere else that’s promoting your work
- How to write an instant bio and how having one ready gets you better promotion.
Who should attend
Freelance professionals (you don’t need to be a writer) who want to explore the different audiences and purposes for business writing and improve their written communication skills.
Expected learning outcomes
- A greater understanding of the different types of writing for business and promotion
- Writing techniques for various media and to meet different objectives
- An understanding of where to concentrate your time and effort to get the best results from written communication.
Tutor: William Gallagher
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal.
t: 07710 240 585