Finding a creative support group that works for you
28th Jan 2021
11am – 12.30pm
This webinar will help you access or initiate a support group that meets your specific creative objectives.
Enrol online via Zoom
Many creatives experience loneliness, demotivation and a lack of creative connections especially in the current climate when we’re forced into isolation making it much more difficult to talk and work with our fellow creatives at gigs, shows, festivals and conferences.
The good news is that it is now easier, cheaper and more ‘the norm’ to meet online. Some groups offer solidarity, feedback, useful introductions, creative collaborations and, sometimes, friends for life. Others start well then run aground after a few months. And some turn into social clubs – which is great for a chat, but infuriating if you want more specific professional feedback.
To help ensure that you join the right creative group for you, this webinar includes:
- Identifying your objectives for joining or creating an online group
- Looking at the benefits of working with others online
- Finding the right group for you
- Setting up a group of your own if needs be
- Avoiding what can do wrong.
- The tutor will lead you through key themes and you can ask questions at any time in the chat box as well as send messages to the group or individuals.
- You will have the option to be visible to others throughout the session but you can switch off your camera throughout or at any time.
- You will get a chance to explore ideas within smaller breakout groups. However, you do not have to participate in these but work alone if you prefer.
- We will round up the with a Q & A session in which you can be seen and heard if you so choose.
Who should enrol
Any freelance who would like to learn more about accessing or setting up creative groups
By the end of this session you will be more:
- clear as to why you want to join or initiate a group
- aware of what is available currently
- able to set up your own group
- motivated to get online and connect.
Tutor: Rachel Murrell
t: 07710 240 585