Free online workshop for members based in England
2nd Dec 2020
10.30am – 4.15pm
Where: Online via Zoom
This online workshop aims to help you maximise the potential of your technology including computers, phones and tablets so that you improve the way that you work and make your life easier.
Throughout the day, you’ll find out how the tools that you’ve already got on your devices can be used more effectively to create ideas and put them into action and save you time on the variety of tasks that you need to do. You’ll also receive tips on useful tools that may be worth investing in.
Suitable for PC and Mac, Android and iOS, demos will typically be of Mac and iPhone/iPad apps but the day is about all platforms and how all of us can exploit the technology we own.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
This workshop focuses on helping you understand some of the handy technology available to you and how to use it more efficiently. It includes:
- How to use the mind mapping app to develop and prioritise ideas
- What the cloud is and how it is especially useful for creative freelances
- How to capture ideas on the run
- How to plan projects with simple To Do apps and project management tools
- Rules and tools to handle your emails more efficiently
- Google search tricks
- Online calendars and meeting tools
- How to easily create strong passwords and never struggle to remember them.
The apps and services you’ll learn about include:
- Dropbox and Google Drive
- Evernote and OneNote
- Microsoft Word and Office 365 plus alternatives
Who should attend?
Freelance professionals for whom computers are a tool and not a career. You do not need to be technically-minded but, if you are, your opinions and experience will be welcome.
What equipment do I need?
To access the online workshop:
- Laptop and desktop computer with reliable wi-fi connection
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
Expected learning outcomes
By the end of the workshop, you will have a better understanding of a range of technology and how to maximise its potential to help support your work.
- You’ll need a quiet space to concentrate, so you may want to wear ear buds to block out background sound.
- If you haven’t attended online training before, bear in mind that it can take a bit of getting used to and it may take you a little time to adjust. Please ask specific questions when you need to and the tutor will answer you ASAP. If you get confused, we do try to use the breaks to help you where possible. If you are going to apply, please commit to the full session because, if you dip in and out of the workshop for whatever reason, you are likely to fall behind and we won’t have time to help you catch up.
Tutor: William Gallagher
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07464 306 542