Free online workshop for members based in England
Date and time: 10 Sept, 10.30 - 1pm
Where: online via Zoom
Networking is an essential marketing tool for creative freelances but it can also be a source of anxiety, even at the best of times. This short workshop will help you look at the basic rules whether online or in person.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Sorry, you need to login or register to enrol.
Now that there are fewer opportunities for face-to-face networking, it’s even more important to make sure we’re being as clear as we can be about what we have to offer our clients and customers.
This short workshop looks at basic rules of effective networking, whether online or in person.
The first section looks at:
- what networking is really about, and why people often get it wrong
- how to prepare for engagements with potential clients
- getting ready for post-lockdown events - good practice for online meetings with clients.
The second section looks at:
- what people find when they google you
- how to polish your online profiles
- tools to help you use social media efficiently
- where to find out more
Who should enrol
This webinar is for those who want to refresh their online and face-to-face networking skills while discussing some new ideas.
By the end of the webinar you should able to:
- think differently about how people might perceive your undoubted talents
- integrate your face-to-face and social networking more effectively
- identify good practice and apply it to your own freelance work
- understand where to find free tools and further information.
We will encourage group participation at various points, so be prepared to join in.
There will be a short screen break half way through the session.
What equipment do you need?
To access the online workshop:
- Laptop and desktop computer with reliable wi-fi connection
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
For the session:
It would be very helpful if you had your mobile phone to hand during the session as well a pen and paper. This will help with some of the interactive discussion exercises.
Tutor: David Thomas
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07710 240 585