Free online workshop for members based in England
3 Feb, 2021
10.30am – 4.15pm
In this online workshop you will learn to develop your YouTube channel to help you meet your creative objectives. You will gain hands on experience with basic content creation techniques.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
This workshop will help you ensure that your channel works best for your individual creative needs. It includes:
- Defining your purpose and goals for starting a YouTube channel
- Generating ideas and plans for creating video content
- Creating channel icon, banner and thumbnail images
- Search Engine Optimisation for videos and the channel
- Getting views and subscribers.
What equipment do you need?
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
What do you need to do before the workshop?
- Set up a YouTube channel and be able to log in to it without any problems:
How to set up a YouTube channel:
- Have uploaded at least 1 video to the channel (we’ll use the video for an exercise during the workshop).
Who should attend?
This is a ‘beginners’ workshop (we’d say for those with up to 1000 subscribers on their Youtube channel). To attend, please ensure that you have completed the above, i.e. under What do you need to do before the workshop?
The training will take place online, using the Zoom platform (free).
The workshop will be as interactive as we can make it, combining learning with the networking that is always a valuable part of FEU Training workshops. It includes short exercises as part of the learning process, which will also enable participants to work together in breakout rooms.
- How to optimise a YouTube channel and your first video
- How to get more views and subscribers
- Decide what kinds of content to create based on time and cost
- Gain a basic understanding the YouTube ecosystem
Tutor: Rebecca Lammers
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07464 306 542