Free online workshop for members based in England
Date and time: 22 Jun, 10.30am to 4.15pm
Where: Online via Zoom
Social media can be a powerful means of getting your message across and raise awareness of what you do. This workshop will take you step-by-step through running a successful campaign.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
If you are promoting your work or an event, fundraising for a project, or highlighting an important issue, social media provides a powerful means of getting your message across and can be especially useful for freelances who want to try new ways to raise awareness of their work and related issues on a limited budget.
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at those with experience of using social media but who feel they haven’t exploited its full potential to benefit their creative work.
Expected learning outcomes
The day will follow three steps:
- How to establish a foundation for social media engagement
- How to identify the right social media channel for the right message
- How to establish the objectives, branding and key messages for your campaign
- How to plan and schedule engaging content for your campaign
- How to manage your social media updates across Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms
- How to monitor activity and respond to community reaction
- How to be ready for any negative feedback
- How to maintain momentum beyond the official end of the campaign
- How to measure the results of your campaign using simple tools and metrics
The training will take place online, using the Zoom platform (free).
You won’t spend all your time listening the tutor - the workshop will be as interactive as we can make it, combining learning with the networking that is always a valuable part of FEU Training workshops. It includes short exercises, as part of the learning process, which will also enable participants to work together.
What equipment do I need?
To access the workshop (and online tools):
- A desktop or laptop computer with reliable Wi-Fi connection – make sure it’s fully charged or you can charge it throughout.
- Earbuds (if you need to block out background sound)
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
Tutor: Dan Mason
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal.
t: 07464 306 542