Free online workshop for members based in England
Date and time: 17 Sept, 10:30 - 4:15pm
Where: online via Zoom
Crowdfunding campaigns can be effective in raising money for creative projects. However, if you suspect that there’s more to it than just putting your great idea online and waiting for the money to roll in, you're right.
We'll spend the day working through how to structure your own crowdfunding campaign, from how to choose a platform and set a realistic target to how to find your audiences and tell your story.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
We'll focus on planning a one-off rewards-based crowdfunding campaign. By the end of the day you should have a structure for your own crowdfunding strategy. We'll cover what you need for your pre-launch and how to run the campaign itself including:
- the different platforms and funding models available and how to choose
- how to set a realistic target - and avoid unexpected costs
- how to reach the right audiences
- writing compelling campaign copy and telling your story
- how to come up with perks/rewards and think creatively about what you can offer supporters
- managing the mid-campaign slump.
Who should attend?
Creative professionals who are considering running a crowdfunding campaign - whether still wondering if the idea you have in mind could work or almost at the stage of choosing a launch date.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- have a greater understanding of the different approaches available to crowdfunding
- have a clearer idea of what needs to be done before launching a campaign
- potentially have an outline of your own crowdfunding campaign strategy
- have a better understanding of the timeline and structure of a successful campaign.
Tutor: Jo Breeze
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07464 306 542