Free online workshop for members based in England
Date and time: 6 Oct, 10.30am – 4.15pm
Where: online via Zoom
This workshop aims to help you maximise your website potential as an online marketing tool ensuring that your audience can more easily find and access it.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Sorry, you need to login or register to enrol.
To maximise your website potential as an online marketing tool, it’s essential that you do everything possible to ensure that your audience can easily find and access it.
This workshop goes beyond the usual focus on search engines (though they are still covered) to understand the growing importance of social optimisation… creating stories and links that stand the best chance of being shared through social channels to build your online presence. It includes:
- Reviewing basic optimisation skills to ensure your words, images and videos stand the best chance of being found online
- Understanding how search engines work; the difference between on-page and off-page search engine optimisation
- Exploring the tricks and techniques used by growing websites and blogs for encouraging greater levels of engagement
- Understanding what kind of content does – and doesn’t – get promoted on Facebook’s newsfeed and on Twitter
- Exploring how to encourage sharing through the use of email
- Creating a schedule of shareable content for your own website or blog
- Understanding how to measure your success.
Who should attend?
Only those freelances who already have a website, are familiar with social media and are now looking to build their web presence and improve their ability to draw more traffic to their website.
- A greater knowledge of how to get found online
- A greater awareness of what content works to engage your audience
- An understanding of key online tools available to create shareable content
- A greater ability to build your online presence.
What equipment do I need?
To access the workshop:
- Laptop or desktop computer with reliable wifi connection.
- Free account with Zoom (zoom.com), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
This online workshop focuses on tutoring, discussion and group-based exercises in breakout rooms.
Tutor: Dan Mason
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07710 240 585