Free online workshop for members based in England
4th Dec 2020
10.30am to 1.30pm
Where: Online via Zoom
This online workshop will take you through the basics of the Instagram app, including setting up an account, an overview of its different elements and a look at its potential to get your work noticed.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Sorry, you need to login or register to enrol.
Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms and can be an effective platform for creative freelances who want to showcase their work to new/wider audiences.
Ideally suited to beginners who want to learn more about Instagram and how to use it in the context of their creative work, this workshop includes:
- An overview of Instagram: its potential for creative freelances including examples of effective storytelling
- A step by step guide to ensure that you have all the basics in place
- Setting up your profile: an introduction to the basic elements including tips and tools to get you started
- Creating a post: a guide to creating your first post and tips on how to get more from Instagram
What equipment do I need?
To access the workshop (and online tools):
- Laptop or desktop computer with reliable Wi-Fi connection
- A mobile device (iPhone/iPad/Android/Tablet), with reliable Wi-Fi connection
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
- Download the free Instagram app onto your iOS or Android mobile device (https://help.instagram.com/1642053262784201)
- Make sure that your mobile device is fully-charged
- Ensure that you have downloaded the Instagram app onto your mobile device before the workshop
- Please have a profile image in the photos gallery of your mobile device (Consistency is a plus, so consider using the image you currently have on another platform, such as Twitter, or a promotional image that you are happy to use).
The training will take place online, using the Zoom platform (free).
You won’t spend all your time listening the tutor - the workshop will be as interactive as we can make it, combining learning with the networking that is always a valuable part of FEU Training workshops. It includes short exercises, as part of the learning process, which will also enable participants to work together.
- You’ll learn how to set up an Instagram account, create/hone your profile, create a post and get some tips on how to get the best from the app.
- You will create an account and a post during the workshop, but you don’t actually have to share it with the world, if you prefer not to.
- You will be given tips and tools to help you build on the topics covered during the workshop.
Tutor: Kate Willoughby
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07710 240 585