Free online workshop for members based in England
Date and time: 22 Oct, 10.30am – 4.15pm
Where: online via Zoom
This workshop is aimed at those who are new or fairly new to freelancing and examines the key challenges that most experience at some point or another to help you maximise your freelance potential.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
It is a highly competitive industry and even more so in these troubled times. So, if you’re starting out, it is even more important than ever to develop the professional mindset that will help you survive and thrive in the short and long term. This workshop will help you do just that and includes:
- Developing good habits and strategies
- Establishing boundaries between work and social time/space
- Developing support networks
- Motivation and goal setting
Developing resilience, building confidence and learning to focus on what’s really important to get you to where you want to go.
Who should attend
Those who are new to freelancing or are fairly early on in their freelance career.
Expected learning outcomes
- An understanding of boundaries and why they matter
- An understanding of the importance of setting ‘good’ goals
- Tips and ideas for developing motivation, resilience and confidence
- Sign posting to further resources available key topics that will help create and support work continuity.
What equipment do I need?
To access the workshop:
- Laptop or desktop computer with reliable wifi connection.
- Free account with Zoom (zoom.com), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
This online workshop focuses on tutoring, discussion and group-based exercises in breakout rooms.
Tutor: Muriel McClymont
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07464 306 542