Free online workshop for members based in England
19 Jan, 2021
10.30am – 4.15pm
This workshop will introduce you to the design platform Canva with the aim of helping you produce visual content that can help you showcase and support your creative work through producing graphics for a range of purposes including social media, business cards, posters and flyers.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
Canva is a graphic design platform (which you can download free) that is ideal for creative freelances who have no previous background in design. With a range of templates and fonts, it enables you to create a variety of impactful visuals to highlight your work. You can also upload your existing content to work on within the platform.
The workshop includes:
- An introduction to the platform, including an overview of the Canva desktop dashboard
- A look at some of the key tools available to you that have the potential to help you create more engaging graphics and visuals for on- and offline purposes
- Tips and tools to help you further enhance your designs
- The chance to create a design for social media as part of the day
- The opportunity to work with other participants to explore the platform together.
Who should attend?
No previous experience of Canva is necessary – this workshop is an introduction to the platform for anyone who would like to explore the possibilities available within it.
What equipment do I need?
- Laptop or desktop computer with reliable Wi-Fi connection
- A mobile device (iPhone/iPad/Android/Tablet), with reliable Wi-Fi connection
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
- Before the workshop, you must already have set up a free Canva account via: https://www.canva.com/signup
- Please note that we will focus on the desktop version of Canva for this workshop. However, we will also take a look at the app versions for Apple and Android devices as part of the day.
- You’ll need a quiet space to concentrate, so you may want to wear ear buds to block out background sound.
- In preparation for the workshop, we suggest that you have a particular aspect of your work (such as a new project or social media campaign) in mind. You may wish to have at least one image readily available on your desktop or device that you would like to work with/develop during one of the exercises.
- If you haven’t attended online training before, bear in mind that it can take a bit of getting used to and it may take you a little time to adjust. Please ask specific questions as we go along and the tutor will answer you asap. If you are going to apply, please commit to the full session because, if you leave the workshop for whatever reason, you are likely to get confused and we won’t have time to help you catch up.
Tutor: Kate Willoughby
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07710 240 585