Free online workshop for members based in England
Time: 10.30am – 4.15pm
Online: via Zoom
Our working lives have been well and truly rocked in recent months, so this workshop aims to help you to take stock of where you are now and explore the range of skills, talents and experience that you have accumulated to find inspiration and direction on how to move forward.
* This is an interactive workshop with much of the content shared and explored as a group and within smaller breakout groups. Please be prepared to participate in the discussions.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place. See notes below.
For many of us, at least some of our income streams have temporarily or even completely evaporated. However, we still need to earn money and to develop our careers with an eye to the future. In this workshop, we will be brainstorming ideas together to help you:
- Explore how to use your current skills and experience to potentially create new work opportunities in the short and longer term
- Explore and recognise your strengths and where these could be utilised
- Plan for the future and identify where we could be making progress
- Consider potential obstacles and how to overcome them
- Think creatively to evaluate new possibilities and next steps.
Who should attend
Creative freelances who wish to find new ways of using and updating their skills to create more and/or different work opportunities. There will be lots of group discussion so please be prepared to interact with your peers in groups.
By the end of this workshop, you will have:
- Started to assess and identify your previously unrecognised, ignored or under-valued saleable skills
- Considered how you can creatively and flexibly use your skills in the current situation while looking to the future
- Have a better idea of next steps and actions you can start to work on.
What equipment do you need?
To access the online workshop:
- Laptop and desktop computer with reliable wi-fi connection
- Free account with Zoom (us), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
Tutors: Muriel McClymont and Sue Walker
We will let you know promptly after the deadline if you have obtained a place. Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for each online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can participate, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
If you confirm your place but find that you are unable to participate, please let us know asap so that we can re-allocate your place to someone on the waiting list. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these free workshops to all members including you.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place on every workshop, but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal. Also, please keep applying because everyone will get a place on a workshop asap.
t: 07464 306 542