Free online workshop for members based in England
Time: 10.30am to 4.15pm (with regular breaks)
Where: Online via Zoom
This online workshop will take you step-by-step through the process of creating a podcast using (mainly) your smartphone and the free Anchor app, from recording and editing, to promotion and sharing.
Click below to register your details on Zoom
Please note that places on this Online Workshop are limited and you will only be notified by email if we can offer you a place.
Sorry, you need to login or register to enrol.
Podcasts have exploded in popularity, thanks to the ease of finding and listening to them on mobile devices. And with many podcasts featuring remotely recorded interviews, and so many of us working from home, there’s no better time than now to have a go.
This workshop is divided into three main sections: planning, creating and sharing.
Planning your podcast
- Introduction: What is a podcast anyway?
- Planning a podcast title and niche
- Deciding the style of your podcast
Creating your podcast
- Recording and editing using the Anchor app
- Options for remote interview recording
- Finding free music for your podcast
- Recording environment and microphone basics
- Creating podcast art and writing podcast titles
- Exporting your podcast as an MP3 ready for sharing.
Sharing your podcast
- Uploading your podcast to a host
- Submitting your podcast to directories including iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play
- Sharing your podcast on social media.
What equipment do I need?
To access the workshop (and online tools):
- Laptop or desktop computer with reliable wifi connection.
- Free account with Zoom (zoom.com), with free Zoom application downloaded to your computer.
- Optional: Gmail account to access workshop resources and documents (we can email you the pdfs if needs be).
To create your podcast:
- Fully-charged smartphone (iPhone or Android) or iPad, with charger and earbuds incorporating microphone (earbuds are recommended so that you can hear properly and are able to block out background sound but are not absolutely essential).
- The Anchor podcast app (free for iOS and Android - account set-up will be covered during the workshop).
- Recommended: Voice Record Pro app (free for iOS and Android).
The training will take place online, using the Zoom platform (free). You won’t spend all your time listening to a trainer - the workshop will be as interactive as we can make it, combining learning with the networking that is always a valuable part of FEU Training workshops.
You’ll learn how to plan your podcast, record and trim audio, and mix voice and music to create snappy intros. You can’t escape a little technology in the process, but we’ll keep it to a minimum so you can focus on creating an engaging podcast.
You will create a podcast during the workshop, but you don’t actually have to launch it to the world if you don’t want to. In the time available, we will not be able to cover every aspect of podcast creation in detail. However, a PDF guide together with accompanying video tutorials will help you to take your podcast forward.
Tutor: Dan Mason
Unlike our webinars, we have a limited number of places for this online workshop. If you do not hear from us, please assume that you have not secured a place on this occasion.
Once you have confirmed that you can attend, we will send you the workshop link. If you do not confirm promptly, we will offer your place to someone else on the waiting list.
We may not be able to offer everyone a place but, if there is high demand, we will try to set up further workshops on this topic in the near future and those who did not get a place this time will be offered first refusal.
t: 07464 306 542