Latest RSS news feeds for the creative industries
Equity - Latest Equity news feed
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
NUJ - Latest news from the National Union of Journalists
- FT chief executive's offer to return £510,000 pay increase fails to meet staff demands 15 Aug 2018
The Financial Times chapel has called for greater clarity on the CEO's offer, asking if it will address the gender pay gap and low pay in parts of the organisation.
- NUJ calls for urgent review of Cliff Richard judgment as BBC drops verdict appeal 15 Aug 2018
Michelle Stanistreet says it “poses a significant threat to journalists’ ability to report on criminal trials in future”.
- Newsquest announces cuts to sports staff in Bradford 10 Aug 2018
Plans to axe a third of Newsquest’s sports department in Bradford has been announced the day after the company revealed it had benefited from a $13.2m windfall.
- BBC journalists are not anti-Iranian terrorist-nurturers, says NUJ 9 Aug 2018
The National Union of Journalists (NUJ), the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the BBC World Service have jointly reacted to accusations about BBC Persian Service and its journalists.
- NUJ joins calls for immediate release of photojournalist Shahidul Alam 6 Aug 2018
The NUJ has joined the International Federation of Journalists in calling for the Bangladesh police to release photojournalist Shahidul Alam.
MU - Latest news from the Musicians' Union
- Music legends and industry in fight to save venues 10 Jan 2018
UK Music has brought together leading figures from the music industry to launch a parliamentary battle entitled ‘Agent of Change’ to save music venues from closure.
- Met Police Scraps Form 696 10 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is delighted that concerns raised by the MU, British Underground, UK Music and other industry bodies as well as countless musicians to the Metropolitan Police have been liste …
- Bristol Live Music Venue Thekla Under Threat From Nearby Development 9 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is disheartened to hear of yet another small venue under threat from adjacent development – this time Bristol’s Thekla. #SaveThekla #KeepMusicLive
- The MU is Here to Support You If You Face Inappropriate Behaviour at Work 19 Oct 2017
We are here to offer support and guidance if you face sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse at work. If you are an employed or self-employed musician, regardless of which part of the industry you w …
- Musicians' Union expresses dismay at European Union Youth Orchestra’s decision to leave London 12 Oct 2017
The European Union Youth Orchestra is the second orchestra to announce it’s leaving the UK since the Brexit referendum last year, in part due to concerns over restricted freedom of movement for workin …
Writers' Guild - Latest news from the Writers' Guild
- Writers’ fee rise at TNC theatres 17 Jul 2018
WGGB’s theatre negotiators have agreed a 1.5% rise on minimum fees under the union’s TNC agreement (covering the Royal Court, National Theatre and Royal Shakespeare Company). The rise is backdated to …
- Writing for videogames 9 Jul 2018
WGGB is partnering with London Writers’ Week to host a special videogames panel event on Friday 20 July (12-1pm). Opportunities for Writers in Videogames will feature some of the UK’s leading games wr …
- London Writers’ Week 2018 25 Jun 2018
Equality and diversity will take centre stage at London Writers’ Week this year (18-21 July 2018), with all profits going to organisations promoting diversity in the arts. And WGGB Film Co-Chair and B …
- WGGB goes to Birmingham 20 Jun 2018
The Writers’ Guild decamped to the West Midlands for its AGM on Wednesday 20 June 2018, the first time in the union’s history that the meeting has been held outside the capital. And regional represent …
- Authors – have your say 14 Jun 2018
The All Party Parliamentary Writers Group today launches an inquiry into authors’ earnings and to identify what environment writers need to enable them to flourish in the future. Writers contribute to …
Creative Skillset- skills and training for the UK creative media industries
Skillset is the industry body which supports skills and training for people and businesses to ensure the UK creative media industries maintain their world class position.
- 3Dami animation showcase 9 Aug 2018
Presenting the work of the talented young teams of budding animators
- Stan and Ollie world premiere to close BFI London Film Festival 8 Aug 2018
UK film Stan and Ollie has been chosen to be the closing night gala film at this year's 62nd BFI London Film Festival.
- Apprenticeship levy survey 7 Aug 2018
We are asking UK screen industry employers for evidence to support arguments for changes to the apprenticeship levy.
- Female directors to the fore in iFeatures selection 1 Jul 2018
Leading UK film development programme showcases diverse range of talent with 12 new projects
- High-end TV drama directors programme re-commissioned 1 Jul 2018
The High-end TV Drama Directors Skills Development Programme delivered by Directors UK has been re-commissioned for a further year.