Latest RSS news feeds for the creative industries
Equity - Latest Equity news feed
- Equity welcomes Film & TV Charity's Support Line 16 Apr 2018
The helpline "will offer confidential and independent support to those working in film and TV, 24/7 and free at the point of contact"
- Equity responds to Arts Council NI funding announcements 10 Apr 2018
The union is extremely concerned about the impact of successive cuts to Northern Ireland’s arts budget
- Equity statement on Quentin Letts’ RSC review 8 Apr 2018
Reviewer of The Fantastic Follies of Mrs Rich displays an “ignorant and woefully outdated view” of inclusive casting
- Equity launches Safe Spaces campaign 28 Mar 2018
The initiative promotes the union's harassment helpline and a statement to be read at the beginning of rehearsal periods
- South West Annual General Meeting rescheduled 26 Mar 2018
The AGM will now be held on 15 April
NUJ - Latest news from the National Union of Journalists
- DM pledges to campaign for properly-funded S4C 21 Apr 2018
The Welsh-speaking broadcaster should be funded and managed from Wales, DM agreed.
- #DM18: Election results 21 Apr 2018
Results of the elections held at delegate meeting have now been announced
- #DM18: Union communications 21 Apr 2018
Delegates discuss ways to work collectively to improve the union's communications
- #DM18: NUJ launches Journalists Need a Pay Rise campaign 21 Apr 2018
Union to campaign against poverty wages and heavy workloads, particularly in the local newspapers and books sectors.
- #DM18: Healthy and safety at work 21 Apr 2018
Delegates discussed work-related stress, trauma, online abuse, bullying, hazardous environments and court reporting assaults.
MU - Latest news from the Musicians' Union
- Music legends and industry in fight to save venues 10 Jan 2018
UK Music has brought together leading figures from the music industry to launch a parliamentary battle entitled ‘Agent of Change’ to save music venues from closure.
- Met Police Scraps Form 696 10 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is delighted that concerns raised by the MU, British Underground, UK Music and other industry bodies as well as countless musicians to the Metropolitan Police have been liste …
- Bristol Live Music Venue Thekla Under Threat From Nearby Development 9 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is disheartened to hear of yet another small venue under threat from adjacent development – this time Bristol’s Thekla. #SaveThekla #KeepMusicLive
- The MU is Here to Support You If You Face Inappropriate Behaviour at Work 19 Oct 2017
We are here to offer support and guidance if you face sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse at work. If you are an employed or self-employed musician, regardless of which part of the industry you w …
- Musicians' Union expresses dismay at European Union Youth Orchestra’s decision to leave London 12 Oct 2017
The European Union Youth Orchestra is the second orchestra to announce it’s leaving the UK since the Brexit referendum last year, in part due to concerns over restricted freedom of movement for workin …
Writers' Guild - Latest news from the Writers' Guild
- Obituary: Ronald Chesney (1920-2018) 19 Apr 2018
Ronald Chesney, co-creator of On The Buses and The Rag Trade, has died at the age of 98. Simultaneously the Writers’ Guild has lost one of its oldest members, and television one of the kings of comedy …
- Birmingham to host this year’s AGM 16 Apr 2018
For the first time in the 60-year history of the Writers’ Guild of Great Britain, we’re moving the Annual General Meeting out of London. All WGGB members are invited to attend this year’s AGM, which w …
- Two-year pay deal for ITC theatre writers 26 Mar 2018
WGGB has reached a two-year pay deal for writers working under its ITC theatre agreement. Writers will see a 2.9% increase on existing rates from 1 April 2018, while next year will see a rise of 2.5% …
- Musical Theatre Kit launches 12 Mar 2018
WGGB is delighted to announce the launch of The Musical Theatre Kit – a joint publication with the Musicians’ Union that provides a map to the two unions’ latest musical theatre writing guidelines The …
- Radio goes to the beach 5 Mar 2018
WGGB is sponsoring the fourth UK International Radio Drama Festival which will run at Herne Bay later this month. The festival is the only independently produced event of its kind dedicated to the med …
Creative Skillset- skills and training for the UK creative media industries
Skillset is the industry body which supports skills and training for people and businesses to ensure the UK creative media industries maintain their world class position.
- Skills Passport for high-end TV drama 18 Apr 2018
A simple online tool designed to help TV professionals navigate the broad, and often confusing, spectrum of short training courses.
- The Film & TV Charity launches industry support line 11 Apr 2018
New film & TV support line to offer confidential support to everyone working in the film & TV industry
- Latest apprenticeship standards for industry review 3 Apr 2018
- Why new apprenticeships reveal an old-fashioned view of the workplace 28 Mar 2018
Ahead of leading a discussion on skills at the National Conference of Creative & Cultural Skills, Seetha Kumar, CEO of Creative Skillset, outlines the need for greater flexibility in apprenticeshi …
- Government announces £150 million sector deal for creative industries 27 Mar 2018
The Government has published its Creative Industries Sector Deal, reinforcing the place of the creative industries at the heart of it's industrial strategy.