Latest RSS news feeds for the creative industries
NUJ - Latest news from the National Union of Journalists
- Information for journalists covering the Tommy Robinson rally at BBC Media City in Salford 22 Feb 2019
The union has issued legal numbers and advice for those covering the rally and counter-demonstrations.
- Ian Bell Award winners 2019 21 Feb 2019
The union's Edinburgh branch announce the Ian Bell ‘New Writing’ award winners
- Vacancies: two fixed term contracts for NUJ training Cymru Wales 19 Feb 2019
The NUJ is seeking an experienced project manager and project administrator/coordinator for its Welsh training organisation.
- Ditch the deal which will destroy the BBC and cause greater poverty among the elderly 18 Feb 2019
Age UK, the National Pensioners Convention and NUJ tell the BBC board that the government must pay for free TV licences for the over-75s.
- BBC staff must not be intimidated by Tommy Robinson 15 Feb 2019
The NUJ and Bectu,unions which represent BBC staff, have roundly condemned Tommy Robinson and his fellow, far-right thugs who have planned a demonstration at Salford Quay on Saturday 23 February.
MU - Latest news from the Musicians' Union
- Music legends and industry in fight to save venues 10 Jan 2018
UK Music has brought together leading figures from the music industry to launch a parliamentary battle entitled ‘Agent of Change’ to save music venues from closure.
- Met Police Scraps Form 696 10 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is delighted that concerns raised by the MU, British Underground, UK Music and other industry bodies as well as countless musicians to the Metropolitan Police have been liste …
- Bristol Live Music Venue Thekla Under Threat From Nearby Development 9 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is disheartened to hear of yet another small venue under threat from adjacent development – this time Bristol’s Thekla. #SaveThekla #KeepMusicLive
- The MU is Here to Support You If You Face Inappropriate Behaviour at Work 19 Oct 2017
We are here to offer support and guidance if you face sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse at work. If you are an employed or self-employed musician, regardless of which part of the industry you w …
- Musicians' Union expresses dismay at European Union Youth Orchestra’s decision to leave London 12 Oct 2017
The European Union Youth Orchestra is the second orchestra to announce it’s leaving the UK since the Brexit referendum last year, in part due to concerns over restricted freedom of movement for workin …
Writers' Guild - Latest news from the Writers' Guild
- Copyright Directive enters final phase 14 Feb 2019
WGGB has welcomed the outcome of the Trilogue negotiations on the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, which we believe marks a real step forward for European authors and creators. Aft …
- WGGB speaks out on ‘cultural consultants’ 14 Feb 2019
WGGB has spoken out in the wake of the latest case highlighting the lack of diversity in many writers’ rooms, questioning the way so-called ‘cultural consultants’ are being used by some broadcasters a …
- Olwen Wymark Award winners 8 Feb 2019
The Writers’ Guild of Great Britain (WGGB) presents its annual awards for the encouragement of new writing at the Royal Court Theatre, London, on Friday 8 February 2019. The Olwen Wymark Awards, the b …
- Show your love for your union 5 Feb 2019
What better way to show how important your union is to you – join in a week of activity organised by the TUC for its annual HeartUnions Week, which takes place from 11 to 17 February 2019. The week fo …
- Tinniswood Award winner 2019 3 Feb 2019
Audio-dramatist, playwright and screenwriter Sarah Woods presented Oliver Emanuel with the Tinniswood Award for the best original audio drama script and a cheque for £3,000 at the BBC’s Audio Drama Aw …