Latest RSS news feeds for the creative industries
Equity - Latest Equity news feed
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
NUJ - Latest news from the National Union of Journalists
- Turkey jails more union leaders & journalists 10 Dec 2018
Heavy sentences were pronounced against five journalists and union leader last week
- NUJ backs #HumanRightsDay 10 Dec 2018
On the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration, NUJ warns that rights are threatend across the globe
- Belfast Telegraph & Sunday Life journalists to vote on industrial action 10 Dec 2018
A derisory offer from Independent News and Media has prompted the ballot after two years of talks.
- NUJ calls for investigation of police “targeting” press during French riots 10 Dec 2018
The Paris branch of the National Union of Journalists has called for assurances on the safety of the media following several members of the press, including a member, being hit by police projectiles.
- NUJ urges Alamy to rethink commission cut 7 Dec 2018
The union's Photographers' Council has urged Alamy to reverse a decision to cut to the commission photographers will receive for images sold through the stock photo agency.
MU - Latest news from the Musicians' Union
- Music legends and industry in fight to save venues 10 Jan 2018
UK Music has brought together leading figures from the music industry to launch a parliamentary battle entitled ‘Agent of Change’ to save music venues from closure.
- Met Police Scraps Form 696 10 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is delighted that concerns raised by the MU, British Underground, UK Music and other industry bodies as well as countless musicians to the Metropolitan Police have been liste …
- Bristol Live Music Venue Thekla Under Threat From Nearby Development 9 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is disheartened to hear of yet another small venue under threat from adjacent development – this time Bristol’s Thekla. #SaveThekla #KeepMusicLive
- The MU is Here to Support You If You Face Inappropriate Behaviour at Work 19 Oct 2017
We are here to offer support and guidance if you face sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse at work. If you are an employed or self-employed musician, regardless of which part of the industry you w …
- Musicians' Union expresses dismay at European Union Youth Orchestra’s decision to leave London 12 Oct 2017
The European Union Youth Orchestra is the second orchestra to announce it’s leaving the UK since the Brexit referendum last year, in part due to concerns over restricted freedom of movement for workin …
Writers' Guild - Latest news from the Writers' Guild
- Writers’ Guild Awards shortlist 4 Dec 2018
We are delighted to announce the shortlist for our annual awards, to be presented by writer and actor Joanna Scanlan (The Thick of It, Getting On, Puppy Love), pictured left, on Monday 14 January 2019 …
- The do’s and don’ts of games writing 3 Dec 2018
This free event, which takes place at 7pm on Thursday 13 December in London, is presented by WGGB, IGDA’s Writing SIG, and IGDA London This is an interactive panel where you get to choose your own adv …
- 2% rates rise for BBC writers 29 Nov 2018
BBC screenwriters are to receive a 2% pay rise, thanks to WGGB’s negotiators. The changes are effective from 27 November 2018. The minimum rate for a teleplay rises to £12,180 per 60-minute slot; whil …
- Breaking the class ceiling 29 Nov 2018
The lack of working-class writers, performers and musicians is the focus of a new Parliamentary inquiry, launched this week (Monday 26 November 2018), by the Performers’ Alliance All-Party Parliamenta …
- Fee rises for radio and TV writers 12 Nov 2018
WGGB has secured 2% rates rises for writers working under the union’s ITV and BBC radio drama agreements. The ITV uplift in minimum fees is backdated to 1 November 2018 and sees the rate for an origin …
Creative Skillset- skills and training for the UK creative media industries
Skillset is the industry body which supports skills and training for people and businesses to ensure the UK creative media industries maintain their world class position.
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid