Latest RSS news feeds for the creative industries
Equity - Latest Equity news feed
Error: Feed has an error or is not valid
NUJ - Latest news from the National Union of Journalists
- NUJ statement on the NAO's critical report on universal credit 15 Jun 2018
The union's Disabled Members’ Council said the roll out of the benefit has been shambolic, caused hardship to disabled workers and welcomed the National Audit Office's report.
- Journalists must not get second-class treatment on FOI requests to the Scottish government 14 Jun 2018
NUJ's response to the Scottish Information Commissioner's report which found that the Scottish government takes longer to respond to journalists' FOI requests than other requests.
- NUJ members at BBC vote to accept pay and terms and conditions deal 12 Jun 2018
After a two-year negotiation unions at the BBC have accepted the deal, but say there is still work to be done.
- IFJ condemns killing of journalist in Yemen 11 Jun 2018
Yemeni journalist Anwar Al-Rakan died after he had been tortured in detention.
- NUJ welcomes report calling for better collection of data on race 11 Jun 2018
The Women and Equalities Committee has recommended an action plan to improve the collection of data across government departments for its Race Disparity Audit.
MU - Latest news from the Musicians' Union
- Music legends and industry in fight to save venues 10 Jan 2018
UK Music has brought together leading figures from the music industry to launch a parliamentary battle entitled ‘Agent of Change’ to save music venues from closure.
- Met Police Scraps Form 696 10 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is delighted that concerns raised by the MU, British Underground, UK Music and other industry bodies as well as countless musicians to the Metropolitan Police have been liste …
- Bristol Live Music Venue Thekla Under Threat From Nearby Development 9 Nov 2017
The Musicians’ Union (MU) is disheartened to hear of yet another small venue under threat from adjacent development – this time Bristol’s Thekla. #SaveThekla #KeepMusicLive
- The MU is Here to Support You If You Face Inappropriate Behaviour at Work 19 Oct 2017
We are here to offer support and guidance if you face sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse at work. If you are an employed or self-employed musician, regardless of which part of the industry you w …
- Musicians' Union expresses dismay at European Union Youth Orchestra’s decision to leave London 12 Oct 2017
The European Union Youth Orchestra is the second orchestra to announce it’s leaving the UK since the Brexit referendum last year, in part due to concerns over restricted freedom of movement for workin …
Writers' Guild - Latest news from the Writers' Guild
- Authors – have your say 14 Jun 2018
The All Party Parliamentary Writers Group today launches an inquiry into authors’ earnings and to identify what environment writers need to enable them to flourish in the future. Writers contribute to …
- Olwen Wymark Awards open for entries 11 Jun 2018
WGGB is accepting nominations for its 14th annual Olwen Wymark Theatre Encouragement Awards. Any WGGB member may nominate anyone who has given them exceptional encouragement for theatre writing during …
- Join us for a Scottish summer 6 Jun 2018
As festival season gears up for another year, WGGB is heading North to take part in three major events on the Scottish creative calendar. Come along to see speakers, meet our reps and find out more ab …
- Tinniswood Award 2019 open for entries 5 Jun 2018
The Tinniswood Award, named in memory of scriptwriter Peter Tinniswood, was created by WGGB and the Society of Authors to celebrate writers of original radio drama broadcast within the UK. Nominations …
- Writers’ Guild Awards 2019 5 Jun 2018
The Writers’ Guild annual Awards will be presented on Monday 14 January 2019, at a special ceremony to mark WGGB’s 60th anniversary at the Royal College of Physicians in central London. The Awards hav …
Creative Skillset- skills and training for the UK creative media industries
Skillset is the industry body which supports skills and training for people and businesses to ensure the UK creative media industries maintain their world class position.
- Trainee Finder ARRI-val 10 Jun 2018
Trainee Finder camera and video trainees at ARRI Rental UK
- Hartswood West Writer's Award 6 Jun 2018
New bursary and industry support for writers with a strong Welsh connection.
- Foot in the Door from Ffilm Cymru wins at Arts & Business Cymru 31 May 2018
Ffilm Cymru Wales’ unique training programme – a collaboration with Charter Housing – has won the Community award at this year’s Arts & Business Cymru ceremony.
- New apprenticeship standards for industry review and feedback 16 May 2018
- Anne Tyrrell Award winners 2018 2 May 2018
The winners of the Anne Tyrrell Student Design Award received their awards from Peter Tyrrell and Betty Jackson at a presentation in London on 25 April