A one-day course to help you market your work and yourself
IF YOU'RE to build a successful freelance career in the long term, you will need to put considerable effort into marketing yourself and your work.
You need to get yourself and what you do known, as well as present what you do in the best possible light. This course will help you do just that and includes:
- What is marketing?
- Brand versus product
- Identifying your market
- Identifying your competition (including research techniques, SWOT & other useful matrices to use)
- Key messages and unique selling points and how to communication these
- Key marketing tools and activities
- Action plan.
Who should attend
Freelances working in the creative industries who wish to improve their marketing skills.
No formal qualifications are required, just a desire to learn new ways of building your reputation and career success.
Expected learning outcomes
- A better understanding of marketing and why it is important
- Knowledge of key marketing tools, activities and skills, including how to promote yourself and your work
- A better understanding of how to identify, target and communicate with potential clients.