Free workshop for members
The date and time: 9 August, 11am-5pm
Tony Benn House
Find out how to use data to run a more productive and profitable freelance business. This one-day workshop will teach you easy-to-use data analysis techniques to improve your freelance business, including better budgeting of both money and time, assessing risk and increasing income.
Successful companies including Tesco, Amazon and Google rely heavily on data analysis to improve their services and expand their businesses and the good news is that individuals can do this too.
This workshop will teach you how to use data to make more money from your freelance business, aiming to give you greater freedom in your finances and choice of work. It includes:
- Assessing risk when deciding whether to undertake work
- Building a financial budget (which should include a pension)
- Building a time budget to make best use of your capacity
- Estimating how long a piece of work will take to do
- Estimating and negotiating the cost of a piece of work
- Producing quotes and naming your price
- Learning when to sack a client
- Making buying decisions that ensure every penny is well spent
- Using data to spot trends and plan how you can benefit from them
- Using data to drive your business – without being blindly driven by data.
- A better understanding of how to use data for risk assessments, budgeting money and time and choosing work
- Improved negotiation skills through exploiting data
- How to use data to spot and act on industry trends.
Tutor: SA Mathieson
POLITE REQUEST: if you are successful in obtaining a place on this workshop and, due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to attend, please let us know asap because we have others on the waiting list who we can allocate your place to. If you do not let us know this will disadvantage another member. Also, we may lose the funds that enable us to provide these workshops to all members including yourself.
NOTE: 1. If we were to postpone or cancel this workshop due to unforeseen circumstances (this has happened only twice in five years due to tutor illness and a tube strike), we will be unable to reimburse any costs such as pre-booked travel expenses. If this were to happen in the future, we will email and telephone you as soon as we know that there is a cancellation and attempt to re-schedule the workshop asap. 2. We are required to undertake a short equality & diversity survey, which you will need to fill in before or at the workshop. The information provided will be treated in the strictest of confidence and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will help in our commitment to E & D.
IMPORTANT: Unfortunately we cannot always offer everyone who applies a place due to high demand. We set up a waiting list and contact people if there are cancellations. If you do NOT receive confirmation that you have secured a place, please do not turn up on the day because we will not be able to admit you. However, please keep applying because we work hard to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to attend at some point.
To apply for a place on this free, one-day workshop, please fill in the short application form below. You will need to login or register if you have not done so already so have your Union number to hand. All events have been over-subscribed to date so successful applicants will be chosen randomly after the cut-off date. We will let you know if your application has been successful within a few days of this date.
t: Frances - 07914 397243